Almond and Chocolate Hamantaschen
Products used :
PREPARATION : 60 min
COOKING : 12 min
RATING : 1 rateYou can rate or comment on this recipe via our App
RESTING : 60 min
SERVES 20 cookies :
100 g butter
50 g powder sugar
140 g all-purpose flower
35 g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 orange zest
1 egg yolk
1-2 tbsp orange juice
150 g dark chocolate
75 g butter
50 g ground almonds
For the pastry:
- 1- Place in the metal bowl the butter, powdered sugar, flour, ground almonds, salt, egg yolk, orange juice, vanilla extract, and orange zest and run the PASTRY/CAKE program.
- 2- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
For the chocolate filling:
- 1- Put the chocolate and butter into the metal bowl; run the EXPERT program, 5 minutes/speed 3/60 °C. Scrape down the wall of the bowl. Restart the program 30 seconds/speed 3/100 °C to smooth the filling.
- 2- Place the ground almonds in the metal bowl and stir it until combined.
- 3- Cool to room temperature before combining.
For the assembly and baking of the Hamantaschen cookies:
- 1- Preheat the oven to 175c degrees.
- 2- On a floured work surface roll out the dough to about 3-4 mm thick and cut out 5-6 cm circles.
- 3- In each circle, place about ½ tsp of the chocolate filling in the center, save ¼ of the chocolate filling for decoration.
- 4- To close the hamantaschen form a triangular shape by folding tree times the pastry around the filling.
- 5- Place in intervals on a baking pan lined with baking paper, cool in the freezer for about half an hour before baking.
- 6- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until they are golden and completely set.
- 7- Cool completely, then pipe the remaining chocolate filling on top and sprinkle with grounded almonds before serving.
CHEF’S TIP :
Do not overfill the cookies, as the filling, might burst out when baking. To pipe the chocolate filling as a decoration, it might need to be reheated to be in a running consistency again.