- There is too much water in the base. Make sure you keep to the limit of 1.5 litres.
- Some types of foods yield a great deal of liquid during cooking.
- When certain types of fish are cooked, they cause the water to foam.
- Wash the basket after using it in a mixture of water and washing-up liquid, plus a drop or two of white vinegar to remove any odours after cooking fish. To remove limescale and other marks, rub with a piece of kitchen paper and a few drops of cooking oil.
- An alarm will buzz if the water tank is empty or boils dry. - Always discard the water in the tank after use. - As this appliance generates a great deal of steam, always use it out of the reach of children and away from any objects or items of furniture that might be damaged by it. - You may be injured if the steam comes into contact with your skin. We therefore advise you to keep a safe distance away from the cooking steam. If you need to handle the lid while the steamer is on, make sure you lift it away from you, to avoid the risk of being scalded, and wear oven gloves. - As the baskets are made from stainless steel, we recommend that you always wear oven gloves when handling them. - The lid on the multi-function bowl is intended solely for food storage purposes. Do not use it when cooking. - Cooking at this lower temperature makes cooking times slightly longer. To accelerate the process, you can select the 100°C temperature setting and reduce the cooking time. - If you are steaming fish, we recommend that you use no more than a litre of water, as certain types of fish cause the water to foam. - Yoghurt function: the steamer should not be moved at all during ! the cooking time.