- Check that the blades move freely before reassembling and before each use.
- Check that the light is on (above the cursor); if it is, the appliance is switched on and ready to be used. If not, turn the selector to a position other than “0”. The “0” position = OFF, so this means the machine is switched off. When the selector is at 0, nothing will happen even if you press ON.
- If the light (above the cursor) is flashing it means that the appliance is in safety mode:
* The blender jug is missing or incorrectly positioned; adjust the jug to the correct position.
* Appliance overloaded: switch your appliance off (turn selector to 0) and either add some liquid or reduce the amount being blended before you switch it on again.
* The appliance is equipped with a thermal protector which automatically switches the motor off if there is overload or if the unit has run too long. Press the “STOP” button and wait for the machine to completely cool down before switching it on again.
ON : switches your appliance on.
PULSE : runs at maximum speed.
The machine automatically switches itself off as soon as you release this button, giving you complete control of the task from start to finish. You can also press this button at the end of a task to emulsify the ingredients.
- Pictograms: Pre-programmed settings (speed cycles tailored to each task with auto-stop)
Crushed ice: ("Ice"): automatic pulse feature for crushing ice cubes (no need to add liquid).
Drinks: ("Smoothie"): for mixing or blending liquid preparations such as milkshakes, smoothies and cocktails.
Soups ("Soups"): smooth hot or cold soups.
Frozen desserts ("Desserts"): for mixing and puréeing denser or more compact foodstuffs. Ideal for making frozen desserts such as Italian ice cream. Use the safe-stir spatula for more efficient mixing. Add liquid if necessary.
- Check that the seal is correctly in place on all 4 blades.
- Check that all 4 blades are properly positioned on the motor base.
- Check that the black base is correctly screwed onto the bowl; tighten if necessary.
- Check that maximum quantities have been respected.
The mill is to mix dry products (eg: spices, walnuts...), make compotes, or small preparations (eg: baby food, aperitif sauces...). The mill is positioned directly under the motor unit. Exerting a steady downward pressure on the mill, select a speed and press ON.
- Cut solid ingredients into pieces measuring roughly 2 cm before placing them in the blender jug.
- Crushed ice: the “ice” function reduces ice cubes to very fine powder if you prefer roughly crushed ice use a small amount of ice cubes (100/150g max) and use the pulse button.
- To fold ingredients in without chopping them (e.g. chocolate chips in a cake mixture), add them at the very end and run your blender for 5-10 seconds at a very low speed (0.5).
- Frozen fruit intended for smoothies or ice creams sometimes forms a solid block when it comes out of the freezer. To avoid damaging your appliance, break this block up into pieces measuring approximately 2 cm before placing them in the blender jug.
- When processing thick mixtures or solid ingredients, always start off at a slow speed, otherwise the food will stick to the sides and not come into contact with the blades. If necessary, add a small amount of liquid to facilitate mixing.
- You can rescue a sauce by using your blender to get rid of the lumps. Blend for 15 seconds at speed 3.
- Whole spices retain their aroma far longer than ground ones, so it is best to grind a small amount each time.
- To make instant crumble, crush some biscuits and divide the resulting crumble between glasses filled with fruit salad or ice cream.
- For icing sugar, pour 200 g caster sugar. Process for one minute at speed 4. To achieve an even finer texture, blend for a further minute.
- To make cake icing, pour 200 g icing sugar and one egg white into the mill bowl. Blend for 20 seconds at speed 1.
MAINTENANCE1- How do you clean the blender
Immediately after use: Pour one litre of lukewarm water and a few drops of washing-up liquid into your blender jug. Close the lid carefully and run for 30 seconds at speed 3. Rinse thoroughly.
Always unplug your appliance before cleaning it. Remove all the detachable parts, not forgetting the seals.
- The blender jug and the mill are both dishwasher safe.
- Never leave the blade assembly to soak, and check that the blades move freely before reassembling and before each use.
- Detach the blade assembly holder with the safe-stir spatula. Remove all pieces including the seal.
- For the very best results, we recommend washing the lid and the seals by hand.
- If necessary, you can unscrew the top of the measuring cap.
- Clean the base with a damp cloth. Never immerse the motor unit in water.
- Always check the safety locking pins. If they do not move freely, clean them with a damp sponge.
SAFEGUARDS1- Important safeguards
- Carefully wash all the parts (except for the motor unit) before using your blender for the first time).
- Never exceed the maximum capacities indicated
- Always unplug the appliance after use, before fitting or removing parts and before cleaning.
- If the blades get stuck, unplug the appliance before removing the ingredients that are blocking the blades.
- Do not put your fingers or any other object in the jug while the blender is in operation.
- Always operate blender with cover in place.
- Never remove the lid while your blender is running.
- To add ingredients during operation, either remove the measuring cap or stop the machine first, then open the lid.
- When blending hot liquids: remove measuring cup from cover and always start on slow speed (or soups program).
- Care should be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the bowl and during cleaning.
- Never run the blender if the jug is empty. To avoid damaging your blender jug blades, chop or grind dry ingredients (e.g. nuts or spices) in the mill*, which is fitted with a purposely designed blade assembly.
- To make sure that your blender has as long a lifespan as possible, never run it continuously for more than 60 seconds at a time.
- When using the variable speed control, always start off at the lowest speed, gradually increasing it until you reach the right speed for your task.